Pages

Share it

Monday, September 30, 2013

Driving back to Opon (Lapu-Lapu City)


Loquito and I left the Home of Love just before sunset, we were both happy as well as sad.  We dont know which one of it was more but I felt I left my heart in the Home of Love.  I kept thinking about what I can do to help the children, how I can help to make their lives better, although despite the situation, they gave Loquito and I their warmest and the most sincere hugs and smiles.  There was nothing like it.  When you see the twinkle in their eyes the moment they see you looking at them and then they shy away hiding behind the Pink Nun, some of them vibrant enough to giggle. "Sigh"
the pink nuns and their beneficiaries at the orphanage
The drive back was long and silent.  We haven't been to that part of Cebu and we had no clue if we were on the right road.  We passed Balamban town center and we were amazed that on the mountain top there are shopping malls.  It was not something we thought of or expected to see.  I was under the impression that it would be a typical market with livestocks and a lot of vegetables.  Well - I was wrong!  We drove for about 2 hours and we got into a very dark road without lights.  I couldn't make out were exactly we were, my phone signal was on and off and the road was uphill, going down, blind curve and ranges from dark to super dark.  We could see some lights flickering from a distance, I could only think that those were lights from the houses on the mountain.  There were very few cars, in fact - it was only us and then some random motorbike from time to time with 4-5 people on it. I got a little scared at some point, but I didn't tell Loquito that - otherwise there will be two of us uncertain on this road trip of insanity, but in all honestly  I really didn't know if we will make it back to Cebu City that night or we will just camp by the road side and wait til day light.  At some point I knew Loquito was also uncertain if we took the right road, he kept asking me if I know where we were.  A few more minutes and we were on a road that I was familiar with, we reached Barangay Busay and then Nivel Hills in Lahug and the torture in my head started to subside.
We covered the north Cebu by road
We drove back in the city and back to Mactan Island or Opon (old name of Lapu-lapu city).  It was almost midnight when we arrived and both of us lost the appetite to eat but we were both up for a massage.  We were lucky that we saw one on our way to hotel and most customers were already gone, so there were massage therapists available. The massage was for an hour and it was the best massage I've ever had, although it may not be that good in other times but this time it was heaven.  After traveling, with what felt like the end of the world, it was a great treat to ourselves.  By then we had already completed our Cebu North Road Trip.  I dozed off to sleep, with the children's happy thoughts and the beginning of a new adventure for tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts