Pages

Share it

Friday, September 20, 2013

Davids Kitchen @ IT Park, Lahug Cebu



Davids Kitchen is located at the ground floor of eBloc 2, Cebu IT Park Lahug, Cebu City.  From the outside, the restaurant looks classy, modern and expensive.  My friends and I decided to dine there because for one my best friend Gemma insisted that she wants a steak for dinner and it should be at David's Kitchen and two because Davids Kitchen looks very promising from the outside.
first steak 
As we got into the restaurant, we were greeted with a pleasant and polite hostess that sat us all down.  She handed us the menu in an instant which was an indication of a fast service.  The menu looked delicious and our mouth were watering just flipping pages of super yummy looking steaks.  However, when it was time to take our orders, the order taker was a bit unprofessional - when my friends ordered for a steak he didnt even upsell us with that was his best recommendations.  And he did not asked the ladies how their steak should be done.  When I ordered for a steak that was medium rare - he simply told me "mam, naa ni syay dugo" (ma'am this will have some blood)..I didnt understand if he was telling me or if he was asking me.  But this to me was - RUDE!  Didn't we know that the customer is always right? But anyway, if I didn't want my steak without blood in it, I would have asked for it WELL-DONE.  So, well I got my way and told him that it was what I wanted and so he left the table however his body language and his facial expression was like waiting for something to punch us with.
second steak

After almost an hour of waiting, someone else brought our steak which was so different from the pictures in the menu.  And unfortunately my steak was as dry as welldone.  When I asked them about it, they took it and then came back with it and told me that the chef said it is medium rare.  My god! who are you kidding? So, I insisted that they should change it to medium rare.  Anyway, they got back with another piece but forgotten to give me my mash potato side dish.  The meat was horrible, about half of the whole steak was fat and it was like chewing rubber.  I guess the chef was mad when I returned the first piece so he got back to me on the second.
half of the steak was impossible to eat!
Anyway, the whole order from our table was mostly wrong but, we didn't take offense and just ate but complained amongst ourselves, laughing as if we had a great time.  But in all honestly, we will never go there again.  It's a shame ones name will just be ruined by some unprofessional individual working for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts