Pages

Share it

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Searching for the Sunfish in Bali Indonesia

the photo is not very clear taken at 47 meters underwater
A very good friend of mine went in Bali, Indonesia and told me that they saw a sunfish.  That summer I was not able to go with them due to some work commitments but I told myself that I will go look for it myself.  So, when I was able to clear my schedules I convinced my travel partner, to go with me to Bali Indonesia to search for the sunfish.

He thought it was ridiculous but he gave in anyway.  We went to Nusa Lembongan it is an island about 30 minutes away from mainland Bali.  The timing was off season, the dive masters we talked to about it told us that it will be luck to see a sunfish in that time of year.  Normally they see it between August and October, but we went in November.  So, everyday for the last 3 days we been diving I kept asking the dive master where have the sunfish hide and they just tell me it’s in the camera. And we just laugh about it, but I was really hopeful.

After the 4th day, there was no sunfish at all, we decided to make arrangements to leave and come back another time during season in the future, whenever that is.  So, we settled out bill with the resort but we couldn’t get a ticket for the speedboat to go back to the mainland since we decided a bit late.  We got stuck on the island so we decided to go diving for the last time.



Guess what? We saw a sunfish!!! I almost run out of air underwater coz I refused to surface. Hahaha, it isn't a joke and I don't encourage anyone do what I did.  It was very deep over 40 meters deep.  PADI (scuba association) allows recreational diving for advance divers at only 40 meters and I went down 47 meters (this is what’s registered in my dive computer).  So, I broke a rule just to take a better look at a sunfish.  I didn’t regret it, but the only problem I had was my underwater camera casing broke.  It was only good for 40 meters pressure underwater.  Anyway, it doesn’t matter since I got what I came there for.  Life is great! And I don’t like people telling me I can’t do things, if we don’t stretch ourselves we will never be able to know what we are capable of doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts